Mytko Antonina, Doctor of Political Sciences, Associate Professor, Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University, Lutsk, Ukraine.
In the article the scientific exploration of American experts communication. Determined that communication integrates research and development experts in sociology, political science, art, ethnology, journalism, law, philosophy, psychology and others. Proved that communication concerning a number of important problems of modern political science, namely the independence of the media from economic levers unbiased relationship between the media and democracy. Emphasized that accelerating the development of new means of mass communication of ideas leads to the restoration of true democracy that allows every citizen to participate in the life of their country. Analysis study of American specialists in this discipline. Characterized the development of modern scientific trends in the US, achieving the country in terms of democracy research information that can benefit research in Ukraine. communication US developed the basic concepts of Information Democracy and laid a sound foundation for further research. Followed the evolution of the network information in the US democracy, namely e-democracy, on-line democracy, digital democracy, Teledemocracy, videodemocracy more. It is noted that experts of the US claims that new technologies in a series of “information revolution” in the US led to major structural changes in policy. Thus, digital democracy provides invaluable detailed explanations on the use of major computer-mediated communication systems for political purposes. Teledemocracy as they explore the current status and future tele–Voting, electronic town meetings and other initiatives designed to return the community to a true democracy.
Key words: research, communication, mass communication, mass media, informational democracy, e-democracy.
- ZEMLJANOVA L.M.(1995) Sovremennaja amerikanskaja kommunikativistika: teoreticheskie koncepcii, problemy, prognozy. Moskva: Izdatel’stvo MGU.
- MAKLJUJEN G.M.(2003) Ponimanie media: vneshnie rasshirenija cheloveka. Moskva: Kanon-Press, Kuchkovo pole.
- ROKAR M.(1990) Trudit’sja s dushoj. Moskva: Mezhdunarodnie otnoshenija.
- ARTERTON F.(1987) Teledemocracy: can technology protect democracy? Sage Publications..
- BAGDIKIAN B.(1990) The Media Monopoly. Boston: Beacon Press.
- BECKER T.(2000) The future of teledemocracy. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- BIMBER B. (2003) Information and American democracy: technology in the evolution of political power. Cambridge University Press.
- DIJK J., HACKER K. (2000) Digital democracy: issues of theory and practice. SAGE.
- Editor and Publisher. 1987. April 4. p. 6.
- GERBNER G.(1974) Mass Media and human communication theory. Sociology of Mass Media Communicators In D. McQuail ed. Penguin Books. p. 38.
- HAGUE B., LOADER B. (1999) Digital democracy: discourse and decision making in the Information Age. Routledge.
- HOLLANDER R.(1985) Video democracy: the vote-from-home revolution. Lomond Publications.
- KAMARCK E., NYE J. (2012) Visions of Governance in the 21st Century (Program) Governance.com: democracy in the information age. Brookings Institution Press.
- LASSWELL H.D. (1948) The Structure and Function of Communication in Society. The Communication of Ideas. In L. Bryson ed. New York: Harper and Brothers.
- LUTZ G.(2006) Participation, information, and democracy: the consequences of low levels of participation and information for the functioning of democracy. LIT Verlag Münster.
- MEYROWITZ J.(1985) No Sense of Place: The Impact of Electronic Media on Social Behaviour. New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 316-317.
- ONG W.(1977) Interfaces of the word: studies in the evolution of consciousness and culture. Ithaca: Cornell UP. p. 82.
- RIVERS W., CHRISTIANS C., SCHRAMM W. (1980) Responsibility in Mass Communication. New York. p. 285.
- SEELEY T. (2010) Honeybee Democracy. Princeton University Press.
- SHANE P.(2004) Democracy online: the prospects for political renewal through the Internet. Routledge.
- SHULTZ A.(1981) Theorie der Relevanz. Frankfurt am Mein: Surkampf.
- TRANAKAS P.(2009) Addendum – Democracy & Information Communication Technology. Lulu.com.
- TSAGAROUSIANOU R., TAMBINI D. (1998) Cyberdemocracy: technology, cities, and civic networks. Routledge.
- WHETMORE E.(1982) Mediamerica. Form, Content and Consequence of Mass Communication. Belton, California. p. 12.
- WILHELM A.(2000) Democracy in the Digital Age: challenges to political life in cyberspace. Routledge.