The Journal conforms the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. It is listed as professional edition in which the results of the dissertation work for obtaining the scientific degrees of doctor and candidate of sciences in the specialty “Historical Sciences”, category “B” can be published. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from March 17, 2020 № 409 “On approval of decrees of the Attestation Board of the Ministry on the activity of specialized scientific councils (dated from December 16, 2019”.
The articles are accepted for consideration with a clear and structured presentation of the results of research of a certain problem, which are independent, have not been previously published and published in other journals, are relevant and designed in accordance with the following requirements and taking into account publishing ethics and plagiarism policy. It has to be well written, and well supported by appropriate references. The content of the paper must match the criterias of novelty and significance. The Authors without degree in History or Political Science are not accepted for submission. As an exception the highly performed article may be written by postgraduate student and co-authored with the supervisor. Reviewers consider the following criteria to be the most important in decisions about whether to accept manuscripts for publication
1. Content Requirements
Manuscripts submitted for initial consideration must adhere to these standards.
The articles should have the following structure (the names of the structural parts should be clearly highlighted in italics in bold):
- Introduce the reader to the importance of the topic being studied, clearly articulate problem statement that captures to the position you want to prove, the significance of the knowledge gap, or the importance of the topic at hand; The study design applied (as appropriate, rigorous, and comprehensive):
- Manuscript should include reference to previous published literature appropriately;
- accentuation of previously unresolved parts of the general problem to which this article is devoted;
- State the objectives of the work and provide an adequate background. Describe the significance of the research problem and state why a case study design and the subject of analysis that the paper is designed around is appropriate in addressing the problem
- Results of a study with a full justification of the obtained research conclusions;
- Conclusions and recommendations for future research.
NB! Conclusions should not duplicate the interim results made by the author during the submission of the paper body. They should be structured appropriately and confirm the author’s contribution to the novelty of a topic. The prospects of future research issues should be indicated and reflected.
2. Basics and general writing tips to be used when performing manuscript preparation. Article structure
- UDC – left aligned;
- Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) (academic degree, academic title (if any), place of work or study). Please indicate author`s ID (if available, one of the above – ORCID iD, Researcher ID, Scopus ID) – right alignment;
- Title of article (avoid using such phrases as (for instance) “Research of questions…”, “Some questions…”, “Problems…”, “Ways…”, etc.) – center alignment;
- Abstract (1000-1200 characters) and keywords (5 to 7) – center aligned, if the article is in English, abstract should consist of 1800-2000 characters
- The main text of the article (with the structure specified in paragraph 1 of these Requirements). Alignment justified;
- Sources and literature (arrangement based on the initial letter of the word given in the alphabetical order), position numbering is automatic. Alignment justified:
- References – transliterated into Latin or translated into English list of sources and literature; the sequence must fully correspond to the list of sources and literature; the table of transliteration of the Ukrainian alphabet by means of the Latin alphabet, approved by decree №55 by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 27 January 2010 “On Regulation of Transliteration of the Ukrainian Alphabet into the Latin Alphabet; bibliographic citation is made in the APA style (recommended to use resources Mendeley, Zotero, Citation Machine) – Alignment justified;
- the names of the authors are written in full (first name, initial of middle name(s), last name). Academic degree, academic title, place of work or study of the author in English – left alignment;
- TITLE OF THE ARTICLE in English – centered;
- Abstract (1800-2000 characters) and keywords in English – justified alignment of the text.
NB! In the case of the article in Ukrainian, the annotation in the language of the article should be 1000-1200 characters, the annotation in English – 1800-2000 characters. If the article is written in English, the volume of annotations both in English and in Ukrainian is 1800-2000 characters.
Please pay attention to the summary writing, which according to the requirements of scientometric databases should be a structured abstract containing headings and briefly summarizing the main sections of an article: the purpose of the paper, research method design, achieved results, scientific novelty and conclusions.
3. Additional requirements
Electronic image files (if necessary) must be submitted as a separate archive, numbered in the order of use (Fig. 1, Fig. 2…) in (.png) or (.jpeg) format. The captions for the illustrations should be provided on a separate list.
4. References requirements
References to sources or publications are included in the text in square brackets. For instance: [1, с. 54], where 1 is the ordinal number of the position (monographs, articles) in the bibliography, 54 is the page number; [7, p. 67], where 7 is the ordinal number of the position (archive) in the bibliography, 67 is the number of the archive sheet. Subscript references and the abbreviation “ibid.” are not used. “P” (page) or “SH” (sheet) mast be single-spaced.
Recommended formats for electronic versions of the articles retrieved from a database provider. As example:
- Applebaum, A. The daily life of a revolutionary. [Electronic Resource] / A. Applebaum // The Telegraph. – 2003. – Mode of Access: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3599744/The-daily-life-of-a-revolutionary.html
- We encourage authors to use URL shorteners for links – bitly.com or tinyurl.com
5. Manuscript Formatting Guidelines
The article should be sent by e-mail in the file format .doc.
Landscape (horizontal) page orientation. Font (full paper) – Times New Roman, Font size – 14, Interval – 1,5. Margins – left 3 cm., top – 2 cm., right – 1,5 cm., bottom – 2 cm. Indent the first line of every paragraph 1 cm. Total paper length – up to 20 pp.
NB! Referencing books, articles or using terms the author first should submit a translation of the title into original language of the article and next to it can be given in parentheses in the language of the original. Abbreviations, including acronyms and initialisms: when the full version of a term first appears in a sentence in the text, place the abbreviation in parentheses after it. Please and do not overflow the use of capital (capital) letters at the beginning of such words as “president”, “government”, “parliament”, “ministry”, “state department”, etc.
Use double quotation marks «…». Separate the years with an en dash (midsized dash). For instance: 1939–1945. Use one space between initial and family name, abbreviations and text, names of localities and also between ciphers. Follow the example: (F. D. Roosevelt, 20 м, 600 кg, 3,4 мln). You can also use the «Shift+Ctrl+Space Bar» combination in order to bring up the task.
Please submit the essential author`s information in separate file: Full name (the given name and family name), the authors’ degree, academic title, affiliation, position, home and work addresses (with postal zip code), cell phone number, email.
The title of the article file is the author’s last name in Latin letters (for example: ivanov.doc). The name of the file with information about the author – in Latin letters according to the sample: ivanov_avtor.doc.
Download the example of article structure:
Download the example of References: