Oleg Tkach, Doctor of Political Science, Professor, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Anatoly Tkach, University «Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
Thus, in the era of globalization and increased geopolitical competition tools of «soft» power was regarded by politicians and theorists as an important foreign policy resource power of the country that claims to be the world center of power pole or, in other words the status of a modern great power. In modern terms «soft power» should be considered the focus of global socio-political, economic and cultural processes. They form a new, radically different from the past, the system of world politics, where classical hierarchical model of relations between political actors giving way to networks. Effective source of «soft power» strategy is the development of the state, identification efficiency ideology and values, the power of social policy model, model development, implementation capacity main line and strategy, which cements the power of the people, the creative force of the nation, culture and charm of the impact force in international relations. In particular, sports are part of the package of tools used by states that are helping to mark their soft power strategy in the context of smart power. Thus, Sport acts ideal form of implementation of this strategy, because it is characterized by appeals to universal values and the ability to «bonding» divisions in society, especially attracts potential hosts events and the global community, and is the key policies of attracting (politics of attraction). Therefore, in this era of information revolution attractiveness factor will be more important than a crushing military advantage.
soft power, smart power, political process, global political space
- NYE J., Jr. (2006) Think Again: Soft Power. Foreign Policy, 23 February. pp.9-21.
- CSIS Commission on Smart Power: a smarter, more secure America. [Online]. Avaliable from: http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/071106_csissmartpowerreport.pdf.
- MORGENTHAU H.J. (2005) Six Principles of Political Realism. In R.J. Art, R. Jervis eds. International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues. New York: Pearson Education. p.11.
- LEONOVA O.G. (2014) «Mjagkaja sila»: instrumenty i kojefficienty vljanija. Observer. 3. pp. 18-28.
- NIKOLAICHUK H. (2005) Zastosuvannia aktorno-merezhevoi teorii dlia pobudovy modeli vzaiemozviazku sportu i polityky v Ukraini. Hileia: naukovyi visnyk. 99. pp. 332-337.
- MALAMUD C. (2010) La cumbre ALCUE de Madrid y el estado de la relación birregional Europa-América Latina, Análisis del Real Instituto Elcano 98/2010. Madrid. p. 121.
- NYE J., Jr. (2011) The Future of Power. New York: Public Affairs.